Theory One...File Short Fill Short
- The Concept is that any microbes or debris left in the apical unprepared portion of the canal will be handled by the body's natural defenses.
- Rarely get and overfill since you deliberately stay away from the apex.
- Rarely overinstrument unless an error is made.
- Leave debris in apical area which the body may not be able to handle.
- Frequently Blocked Out since patency is never attained, debris tends to build up at the bottom of the preparation.
- Frequently Ledge since the buildup of debris tends to prevent instruments from following the canal when curved.